My name is Dr Justin Gaetano. I am a research consultant based on the beautiful Mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia. My welcome post outlines what this page is all about.
- Human and ally. I go into every interaction with the immediate goal to be a human first, professional second. I also speak to others with a longer term goal in the back of my mind: Cultivate a therapeutic alliance.
- Something and something else. I have ADHD, which is great in some ways. I have a support system in place that allows me to achieve any task I set my mind to. One strategy is to balance the boring tasks with something completely different in between, such as playing guitar or running at night while listening to Slayer!
- Mentor and visualiser. The ups and downs of academia and the NGO sector have taught me valuable lessons in self-care and effective communication, which I’m happy to share with others. I have working experience of project management, mediation and conflict resolution. I am a visual learner and so enjoy creating engaging, simple pictures from raw data – no matter how complex.
- Allied health professional. I am currently pursuing a psychology internship, pending approval of my registration application. Before this I was practicing as a NDIS behaviour therapist. I have only been doing person-centred work since 2019, but I believe that my lived experience, research skills and attention to detail are better put to use working with actual people rather than academics (no offence… well maybe a little, depending on the academic.)
- Researcher and writer. I am a published author and editor in the fields of health science, experimental psychology, demographics, cognitive neuroscience, etc. I have an analytic mind and am comfortable around all forms of data – quantitative, qualitative, or mixed. I have reviewed manuscripts submitted for publication in high-impact journals. I have proof-read and edited works by authors whose native language is not English.
- Teacher and supervisor. I have many years’ experience lecturing, tutoring and supervising students (undergraduate and postgraduate) across a range of disciplines and courses – statistics, psychology, biophysics, nursing, etc. I have helped many students prepare for exams, assessments, and even dreaded supervisor meetings!
My credentials page contains information about my qualifications and professional track record. Also, feel free to contact me for a current CV.
- Services. Find out about how I can apply my consulting expertise to help with your next project
- Credentials. Check out my qualifications, and who has employed me to apply them
- Resources. Access free research tools and selected academic works
- Contact. Get in touch for an obligation-free quote, or anything else except spam
- Posts. Explore my thoughts on various topics, and please comment with your own
- Payment. Make a secure and efficient deposit via Paypal, Debit or Credit Card
- Links. Browse recommended services and other sites of interest
- Legal. Put yourself to sleep by brushing up on my ASIC-regulated company, its intellectual property, and your sharing rights
2 thoughts on “Home”
I would need private tutoring in Statistics. I am in my Psychology Honours year. I live near Coffs Harbour, NSW.
Hi Elisa, I’d be happy to help. Please email me your contact number to: email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.