My name is Dr Justin Gaetano. I am a research consultant based on the beautiful Mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia. My welcome post outlines what this page is all about.
- Human and ally. I go into every interaction with the immediate goal to be a human first, professional second. I also speak to others with a longer term goal in the back of my mind: Cultivate a therapeutic alliance.
- Something and something else. I have ADHD, which is great in some ways. I have a support system in place that allows me to achieve any task I set my mind to. One strategy is to balance the boring tasks with something completely different in between, such as playing guitar or running at night while listening to Slayer!
- Mentor and visualiser. The ups and downs of academia and the NGO sector have taught me valuable lessons in self-care and effective communication, which I’m happy to share with others. I have working experience of project management, mediation and conflict resolution. I am a visual learner and so enjoy creating engaging, simple pictures from raw data – no matter how complex.
- Allied health professional. I am currently pursuing a psychology internship, pending approval of my registration application. Before this I was practicing as a NDIS behaviour therapist. I have only been doing person-centred work since 2019, but I believe that my lived experience, research skills and attention to detail are better put to use working with actual people rather than academics (no offence… well maybe a little, depending on the academic.)
- Researcher and writer. I am a published author and editor in the fields of health science, experimental psychology, demographics, cognitive neuroscience, etc. I have an analytic mind and am comfortable around all forms of data – quantitative, qualitative, or mixed. I have reviewed manuscripts submitted for publication in high-impact journals. I have proof-read and edited works by authors whose native language is not English.
- Teacher and supervisor. I have many years’ experience lecturing, tutoring and supervising students (undergraduate and postgraduate) across a range of disciplines and courses – statistics, psychology, biophysics, nursing, etc. I have helped many students prepare for exams, assessments, and even dreaded supervisor meetings!
- Services. Find out about how I can apply my consulting expertise to help with your next project
- Credentials. Check out my qualifications, and who has employed me to apply them
- Resources. Access free research tools and selected academic works
- Contact. Get in touch for an obligation-free quote, or anything else except spam
- Posts. Explore my thoughts on various topics, and please comment with your own
- Payment. Make a secure and efficient deposit via Paypal, Debit or Credit Card
- Links. Browse recommended services and other sites of interest
- Legal. Put yourself to sleep by brushing up on my ASIC-regulated company, its intellectual property, and your sharing rights